Sattu is commonly known as a popular traditional drink in Pakistan. Sattu is a powdered flour of various cereals and ground pulses that is richly loaded with essential nutrients like protein, iron, calcium, magnesium, and manganese.
Although it is highly enriched with nutrients. Sattu is widely used in various parts of the Punjab province of Pakistan, including both rural and urban areas but mostly in rural areas. Satttu is a natural coolant.
Grounded Sattu, ice, water, brown sugar.
Add water and powdered brown sugar to the jug. Mix it well. Add the required amount of sattu to it. Add ice and serve it cold.
- Sattu contains essentials nutrients like minerals, vitamins, potassium, and magnesium which helps to reduce bloating and boost the body’s metabolism. Thus, it is effective in reducing weight and burning fat.
- It also helps in reducing blood pressure and cholesterol level. So it helps in keeping the heart safe from any acute chronic disease.
- Being a diabetic-friendly food, the drink of it also helps to reduce the sugar level of blood. Also, it is enriched with protein and essential minerals, which makes a person able to cope with diabetes.
Benefits of Drink
- It helps the body in digestion, regulation of temperature and blood pressure, fighting diabetics, enhancing weight loss, and serving as a natural coolant.
- It is also beneficial for the hydration and glow of the skin and follicles of hair.
- It can be used as the ingredient of different recipes as well as the primary ingredient of the drink of sattu.
- Sattu also helps in fighting against hair fall. It also adds glow to the skin, thus enhancing beauty.
- This drink keeps the body hydrated during extremely hot days of summer.